Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Totally Blogging Tuesday

In my classroom this past year, I started a classroom blog.  I was familiar with blogging, and I wanted a way for my class to take ownership and share about their learning.  I had a blog previously for my classroom, but I was the only one who posted.  I had to take time to think about what I was posting, I took pictures, and I did not have time to post everything that I wanted to about the amazing learning that was happening my my classroom. 

This past year, I turned the ownership over to the students!  After countless mini lessons in digital citizenship, they became experts on how to post and comment on our blog and others.  It was the best writing motivator I could have ever presented, and I am so glad that I let them do the work (with my help of course)!

Below is our very first post from December: